Monday, July 21, 2008

Chicago







Sorry for such a delay in our posting here. However, better late than never!

It's been busy around our place. I was in Chicago for a girls weekend with some friends from college. It was a hoot and I don't know the last time I laughed that hard for that long. The trip started off shaky and almost was a "no-go" for me when my flight was cancelled on Thursday. So, thanks to frequent flier miles I re-routed to go through Moline, IL (yep, I stopped by home for 4 hours) then drove to the suburbs of Chicago to meet up with my friends Carrie and Melissa. We rode the train downtown, went to a Cubs game (which they won), Visited Navy Pier and took a Segway tour of the city. I even sat next to someone famous on the "L" after the game; his name is Jeff ? but he sang the 7th inning stretch and is in movies such as Daddy Daycare, WallE, Rocker and some comedy show. I was the nerd who didn't know who he was until everyone else started making a big ordeal out of it.....then I felt obligated to ask for a photo like a crazy woman. (I posted the photo above, maybe you know him) It was a great weekend and I needed a nap when returning home! However, there was no time for that.

24 hours after returning from my Chicago trip I hopped on another plane and headed to Seattle for our summer Sales Meeting. It was like any other meeting, rather boring.....but, we took a tour of the city on "The Duck." The Duck can tours the city by land and water. It was a new experience being in a car/boat in one. Good times. I returned home on Thursday.

Jeremy throughout it all was hanging out at work and home and "doggie-sitting." Sounds like he survived just fine. This weekend he saw the new Batman movie and went golfing. Overall, it's going well. He's off to Panama in a week. Nothing like spending an entire day of travel to spend one day working on site then turn around an travel an entire day. Sounds like fun, huh?!

Sorry our life isn't more exciting right now......the most exciting thing we have is a broken sprinkler system which makes our yard look like a true desert!

1 comment:

Shannon Kilstrom Photography said...

Hi!!!! I am so happy to have "found" you and your blog! :-) I spoke to Tammy Chi recently and she mentioned you and I wondered what you have been up to. It's funny how you can be thinking of someone that you haven't seen in such a long time and then suddenly reconnect! It was fun to look through your blog and see what you've been up to. You look and sound so happy and that makes me smile.

Take care!
Shannon (Blocker) Kilstrom