Monday, September 22, 2008

Renovations - Part I

sorry for the lack of photos this week. The camera is buried below all the plastic used to tape off areas of the house during repairs. So use your imagination as I try to explain what improvements are in store for this week at the Gacnik household. (please contain your excitement)

Last week the workers showed up to repair our hole in the wall with insulation/drywall/etc. It almost looks normal. At that time they also installed the french doors in the office.

Over the weekend we had a nice rain shower and were pleasantly surprised when our roof didn't leak. Jeremy still plans to "caulk the heck out of it" as he says. I'm guessing it will have a nice layer on by the time he's done; which I'm not complaining about at all. The roofers claimed to fix it a second time but a little extra protection can't hurt, right?

At 7:00 AM today the workers showed up to begin taping off the house and start the paint job. They envision this to be a 3 day process. I'm sure it will smell great when we get home! Next week I'll be out of the house for a few days living in a hotel, the dogs will be at the vet and Jeremy will be in Panama on work. You're probably wondering why a hotel for me....well, that's when they're fixing the damage to the floors and we can't be there then.

In about 6 weeks we should have the new front entry. That will be a site to watch while they install it in 1 piece. Hopefully I find the camera before that so I can really update you with all the photos during what I will call "Renovation II"

Aside from that, all is calm on the homefront. I was in DC last week and found it educational. I don't think I would make a good politician, it's all networking and kissing other's rears. I think it would get annoying. Awhile back I thought I could be the next Sarah Palin in 12 years (same age then) but realized I wouldn't get to live in the White House, so that options out. It was a productive and tiring trip though. I think I saw a few important figures, but since I'm not political I can't tell you who they were exactly. .....but I've seen them on television.

You're probably wondering how my better half is doing.....he's doing well. Maybe I'll get him to type the update next week and then you'll really hear what's going on versus my random stories.

No comments: