Thursday, July 11, 2013

Another run in the books...

Having never visited Duluth,MN I was excited for my 1/2 marathon there. A great opportunity to see the area during a 13.1 mile run....Perhaps a beer by the lake to toast a completed race.  It was a great idea until it was 43 degrees, rainy, and 1/4 mile visibility due to fog.....the ENTIRE TIME I WAS IN DULUTH!!!!

It wouldn't be a race without a story, right?  Well, I had 2 Dixie cup sized beers, bacon, bananas and a photo with bag pipers all during the run. Let's be realistic, if you are not going to win you just as well have a story.  

So, I went to Duluth and ran a race on the most amazing course. I sure wish I could have seen the sights but I guess that will happen next time when the family is with me. 

This experience was reserved for another local mom and myself and we didn't let the rain and fog ruin out entire experience.  We found some great restaurants and local beers to try.  And as tradition has it, I enjoyed the biggest piece of dessert to celebrate another finish.  




No comments: