Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The adventure in mom travels.

I've learned a few things after my travel adventures this fall. 
1.  It's not as glamorous traveling for work.  You never really explore the city to the fullest potential.  I traveled for work to NYC, Coeur'd'alene, New Orleabs and Chicago this fall.  Not one trip went as planned and really it's quite funny; between sleeping overnight in an airport, to 5 hour delays, I now consider myself an airport expert.   
2. You miss your family when away and amazingly you don't sleep as well.  One would think uninterrupted sleep would be glorious, but my body is programmed to be woken up on a regular basis so it doesn't correlate to beauty rest 
3. Young kids are convinced you are stuck in the phone during face time and get mad that you can't get out.  Ok, this one is just funny 

That's all.  Just a few reflection points 

Oh yes, the best line after arriving home from a trip...."I know the house looks a little crazy, but it didn't burn down."   True, true.   Honestly, I can't complain when I have a husband that supports my career and holds down the fort when I have to travel 


No comments: