Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Funk

Sometimes you find yourself in a funk for no apparent reason. I would love to blame it on the MN winters, buts it's been mild this far.  One of the top 3 most mild!   But anyway, the reality of life is balance is hard when you throw 3 kids into two working outside the home married parents.  There is no time.  You think there is but things slip.  You try to do the best job maintaining your sanity, but trust me, even that seems to fly out the window 

As a kid, I used to think the fun started when we went to bed. I was sure my parents stayed up late, kicked their feet up, watched tv, etc.   the reality is this, kids go to bed and parents play catch up to all the things that need attending to; laundry, house cleaning, meal prep for lunches, etc.  

Dates?   The only dates we see are of schedule changes, school delayed starts, daycare updates and work calendars.   Someday, there will be 1:1 adult time.  

R&R is a reality.....maybe when you retire.  Until then, we shall work to keep our chin above water.  

That is my January 5 reflection point. 


No comments: