Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cooking


I'm sure we'll look back on this and laugh.

We buy a house, two months later the oven dies, 7 weeks later we are still waiting for our new oven to be installed. Yes, it really true. We're pretty talented at cooking on the stovetop and the grill, but we're ready for the oven.

Seriously, Friday I was expecting the serviceman to come and install this oven (which is currently sitting in my dining room) around 8 AM. Come 9:00 I called the dispatcher to learn that the serviceman would not be able to come due to an "emergency" with another customer lacking electricity. Looking back I think they should have come here first, we have electricity and can use our new oven. This 97 year old lady without electricity could not use her oven or any lights so our installation was minor and a "quick fix" compared to this lady. Makes complete sense, huh? (this was a joke)

Back to the story. So, we ended up not getting the oven installed......it's still sitting in our dining room tormenting us by being so close and not usable.....and we are again cooking on the stove top..did I mention again......

So, today we went to Home Depot and told them to come install this oven ASAP so we could get back to cooking our favorite meals.......I'm going to tell you what we're craving.
1. Meat Loaf
2. Home Made Cinnamon Rolls
3. Potato Balls (from Omaha Steaks)
4. Lasagna
5. Minute Steak
6. Breaded Pork Chops
7. I must stop here since I'm starving thinking about all the wonderful things this oven can do....

Other than that life is "peachy" and going well. I found a steal of a deal at a garage sale on a desk so we can use our office. We were rather excited and negotiated it lower than asking price (I think that comes from my Dad, always negotiate a better deal in your favor).

Hope everyone is doing well. We are going to try and post on this at least once a week so you can keep up on our life.

Today, I'm giving you a photo of our house (it's from the winter, but it counts).

Julie

No comments: