Saturday, May 17, 2008

Golf

Okay, one last blog before I'm done for the day.

As some of you may know Jeremy and I went golfing for his birthday a week ago. It seemed like a great idea until I realized I'm not a great golfer. I'm fairly athletic and am a quick study. However, I learned the harder you swing the poorer you perform. It was rather entertaining.
After I humbled myself on the course while Jeremy excelled I decided I would practice at the driving range this past week so the next time we go out golfing Jeremy will be amazed that I have improved. (by the way, Jeremy got a good chuckle when he say my clubs saying they are a bit "expired." Old doesn't mean they don't work, they're just heavier to carry around)

I'm sure you can guess there is something funny to this experience. I went the farthest end of the driving range so no one would stare at me in my attempts to hit the ball. I thought I was doing well....the ball was going straight about 140-170 yards/drive.....I think that's okay....but I think I must have poor form, because a professional instructor came up to me and asked me to take lessons from her, handed me a business card and then wanted to know when I might want ot start. I told her I would discuss this with my husband.....she then left me alone.....after that, my ego was shot down and I just hurried to finish my bucket of balls.

We'll find out if my attempt at being "self-giving," as they talked so much in our marriage prep courses, will pay off next time we go golfing. I called for some good advice so hopefully that will help this week at the driving range. I'll keep you posted.....maybe I'll post a photo of my clubs so you know what I'm working with.

No comments: