Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick-or-Treat.....

....smell my feet, give me something good to eat.....wait, I can't eat candy, I don't have teeth.

It was a busy weekend around here. Saturday Mom and Dad played dress-up with me again. This time they put me in something they called a "costume" that looked like a flower.....then, they took pictures of me and paraded me to our neighbor's, Bob and Shirley, house to show me off.....I'm convinced Mom and Dad are nuts, they like this dress-up thing too much. Everyone said I looked cute but I think they were being nice.....who in their right mind wears a flower costume around for fun? (I later learned some kids had it worse than me...they were dressed like pumpkins....really people, who wants to look rounder than they already are? ha ha)








Mom and Dad claim they dressed me up for Halloween, but I didn't get any candy. On top of that, they gave all my candy away to kids who kept ringing the doorbell during my evening nap. How Rude!!! Anyway, Mom and Dad thought it was tons of fun and they claim that I will love Trick-or-treating in time. I hope they are right. They already are discussing what I'm dressing up as next year.....can you believe they haven't asked for my input?!






(mom says this was my reaction when I learned they gave all the candy away)
It was a pretty good weekend overall. I got 2 new toys which I really LOVE. Both play music and one has colors that change when the song is playing. Mom and Dad say these are both good for me because they stimulate multiple senses.

(this is my reaction to getting 2 new music toys)
We are learning lots of new things about my hearing. A nice lady named Lynne came to the house last week and taught Mom and Dad lots of things about me.....is it sad that Mom and Dad are having a stranger teach them about their daughter? I find it amusing. Anyway, we learned about a different smoke alarm that has a strobe light with it and developmental milestones I should be at as I grow.
As you know, I have to work harder to hear. So when Mom and Dad are talking to me it's important they get my attention first by tapping me and talking to my good ear. Also, it's a little difficult for me to filter out background sounds. So little things like the TV, Music, Dishwasher and Washer/Dryer make it a little harder to hear when someone is talking to me. You'll have to be a little patient with me because I'm listening, it sometimes requires you to repeat yourself. Lynne did say smaller rooms versus lofty, open areas will be easier to hear in because sound bounces off walls. There was so much information to take in during the 2 hours Lynne was here that I had to take a nap.
This is a big week for me. On Friday I get fitted for my BAHA. Maybe next week we'll have picture of it.....this means I might have stereo sound.

Love - Madeline Rose



No comments: