Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's all about Mom.....

...at least that's what the guy at the store said today....don't worry, it was about his wife. Now I understand what he meant, because today was all about Mom and I was the "test subject."

I'm told there are "special firsts" for a baby. I think it's more special for the Mom who is just eager to take photos, much to the dismay of her child. Seriously, it was traumatic and I might never go to sleep now that I know the potential of scissors.

Today, I got my first hair cut. I call it a butch. Seriously, you remember my dark black hair I was born with that fell out a few months after I was born? Well, since then I have been working hard, really hard to grow my hair into a sandy brown/blondish color. All was going well, sure I had a few "crazy woman" hair dos but that is to be expected when you're finding your "style." I thought it was creative, but apparently Mom did not agree.

So, it started out okay. We went to Lollilocks...just for kids. There were all these awesome chairs; one looked like a dinosaur, another a car and one was for a princess. What did I get? A generic chair with booster on it!!!! Can you believe it?!



So, I tried to explain to the lady I wanted just a little snip here and maybe one there. What did she do? She cut off a big piece, I think she wanted to shave my head. To help express myself I pulled out the tears, yes I broke out the big ones. It helped a little.





Then, she had the nerve to put a bow in my hair!!! Yes, a pink one. Mom said it was adorable, Dad just smiled and I, yes I cried.....until Mom picked me up. Then the hair cut lady wanted to take my picture. Can you belive that?! So, I didn't smile. I was stubborn.




Here's my new "do." I'm now going to grow it to my rear. Mom says No, but we'll see who wins this battle.

Love -
Madeline




PS. On a side note, I now can climb all the way up the stairs by myself and really fast. Also, I can say MaMa. It's pretty cool, I feel like the big kid on the block.

PSS. There will be a 2 week break from the blog. We're going on vacation! Should be fun.

1 comment:

Jace and Lexa said...

Don't even get me started on bows. My Mommy nearly makes me wear them to bed!
Can't believe what a small world it is!! So weird that you also knew Father Ev!
Hope you have a great vaca!!