Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pedicure Dates...

I know what you're thinking.....Julie has a weekly pedicure date w/ friends or something weird like that....actually, I've never had a pedicure......but Jeremy and Dibs have bi-weekly pedicure dates.

You read that correct, Jeremy and Dibs, our pug/chihuahua mixed dog, have pedicure dates. I call it "boy bonding time." It's rather entertaining how this all began.

About 3 years ago I asked my mom to help me cut Dibs' nails since they were rather long. I believe I held him and she cut one nail......and I got bit. Dibs does not like it when anyone, even me, touches or plays with his nails. Ever since that one bite I've left it up to the vet once a year to cut them when he's in for regular shots. Last time they used the muzzle since Dibs wasn't a fan.

Then along came Jeremy who is now convinced he is the new "dog whisper." He was convinced he could cut Dibs' nails. I just shook my head and wished him luck. I even exagerated my horror stories of cutting Dibs' nails to try and deter him from this task. But no, he's stubborn like myself and gave it a shot.

He took Dibs on the back deck and sat down in the chair. I couldn't bear to watch so I turned by back inside the house. 5 minutes later I returned to the window to see Dibs licking Jeremy's face while Jeremy calmly clipped and filed each of Dibs' nails (yes, we actually have an electronic file as well). Seriously, my jaw hit the floor......Dibs bites everyone who tries to clip his nails (including me, his lifelong owner) but not Jeremy......show's his loyalty I guess. So now this has become Jeremy and Dibs' bi-weekly ritual of sitting down for bonding time and a nice pedicure......this past weekend Dibs came to show off his new nails and I asked him if he wanted me to buy some nail polish to really finish them off right......he growled then...ha ha ha.

It just cracks me up, my husband is essentially giving our little 10 lb. dog a pedicure........at least we know Jeremy has a new resume builder if engineering doesn't work out......

All is well in Colorado. I'm still pregnant and as of this week we're told it's a little girl. We laughed when they told us that and said she'll have us wrapped around her little finger.....a boy we would have sent to play in the mud, but a girl....that means dolls, make-up, etc......what are we in for?! But, she's a healthy little girl....which was the most important news of that doctors visit.


I think that's all for now. I hope you're all having a great week.

(sorry for any errors in this posting....I'm rushing to get it posted)

No comments: