Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions....

Happy New Year.....(close enough)




(I fell asleep in my rocker chair playing with my mom's baby rattle....I think I was praying for a new one of my own)
I would have updated the blog before now, but Mom and Dad were around more since it was Christmas and they didn't have to work. They require lots of attention, so I've been a little busy and haven't had the chance to use the computer.




(Santa's goodies)
Christmas came and went......it was pretty good though. I helped mom put out some cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer.......I made mom put the plate up high so the dogs wouldn't get the carrots since they like them so much. Then, I wanted to put milk in Santa's mug, but mom thought Santa was getting lots of milk from all the other kids and informed me he really prefers wine. Since I wasn't sure how much to give him I put the bottle in the mug and figured he'd poor himself a glass......can you believe it?!! He drank the entire bottle. I hope he make it to the next house okay. Anyway, the cookies and carrots were gone in the morning as well so maybe next year I'll leave some more. I think I heard Santa during the night around 2 AM....so I made mom get up to protect me....while up I had a mid-night snack and got a new diaper too.

This Christmas thing is pretty neat though. I got presents. I had to have help opening them, but they are all really cool. I even got my first John Deere tractor.....before Dad. ha ha ha






(I guess I went to X-mas mass)
We went to church on Christmas eve and arrived 1 hour early hoping to secure a seat. We were the 2nd, yes SECOND, family in the entire place. So needless to say we had our pick of seat. I really wanted to sit in the front row, but Mom and Dad made us sit near the back by the exit. I guess that was okay since I was extra fussy in my pretty Christmas dress. It felt like we were at church forever so I finally gave up and took a snooze.....that seemed to help. Mom and Dad said the 15 min. of mass they saw/heard was rather nice.





(I got a little tired vacuuming.....I'm not really into the chores thing)
Not much else is new here. I've been hanging out at home this week with Mom since she doesn't have to work. It's been a busy week though. She made me help vacuum.....I tried to eat my way out of the carrier and then gave up and took a nap...all while she was vacuuming.
Next week though, I'm going to daycare and going to meet a 9 month old boy.....perhaps a future boyfriend????? I better look cute for my first day. (Dad is nervous already about the boy)






(Dad and I were really excited the Browns won a game)
Okay, gotta run. Tonight is New Year's Eve.....lots of partying to do around here with mom and dad.

My New Years Resolution......

...learn to crawl

...learn to walk
...eat some real food
...travel to some new states

It's going to be a big year, but a good one....

Love Madeline


2 comments:

Marjorie Smith said...

Dear Madelaine,

I love your blog and you are about the cutest smiliest baby I've ever seen in a picture. Now I want to meet you even more! With a sense of humor like yours, the world is your oyster. Look it up.

Marjorie

Heather said...

I love the smile in the "browns" picture! Seriously though...I don't think I've ever met another browns fan, so it's a first for me too! :)