Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Tree...



Hi there!!! It's me Madeline and I've got a countdown of days until Christmas.



First, I have had lots of questions about what a red nose looks like. Here it is...





Last weekend we went to the mountains and I cut down my very own Christmas tree (well, Dad cut it down but I like to think it was for me). I figured we would come home with something similiar to the tree on Christmas Vacation (the movie) or the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.......actually I thought we would end up a mile from our house buying one at the end of the dad....that happened to Mom and Dad a few years ago. I was wrong on many levels.

I thought this adventure would be great.....something filled with snow and hot chocolate....maybe Dad pulling me on the sled and then pulling me on the sled while carrying a big, big 50 ft. Christmas tree back to the car. Well, there wasn't any snow so the sled was a "no go." Then Mom informed me I wasn't allowed to have hot chocolate (maybe when I'm 2 she will let me have some).

Anyway, I dressed really warm and got to ride in the hiking pack on Dad's back as we hiked up and down the mountains looking for the perfect tree. We finally found one but it was pretty big.....Mom and I weren't convinced at first since we couldn't see the part of the tree that would fit in our house. You see, the tree must have been 50 ft. tall, but Dad said the top 10 ft. would look great in our house. So Dad started sawing and Mom and I had a snack. Then, Mom got to carry me in the hiking pack so Dad could carry the tree....the really big tree. Did I mention it was all up hill/mountain to get back to the car? I think they enjoyed the workout and I enjoyed the view.












Now it's not a tree like you see in the mid-west. It's not exactly full and tall. Don't get me wrong, the tree is tall....heck, Dad had to take it back outside to cut more off after we got home because it was hitting the ceiling, but you can see right through it. So, full? No. Tall? Yes.







We had a ton of fun though and would honestly do the hike again. I offered to help decorate the tree but apparently my "style" isn't what mom and dad had in mind so they laid me down for a nap. I guess Christmas isn't about the tree you find, but the experience to find the tree.

I've been good though and haven't pulled any ornaments off the tree. Heck, I don't really care we have a tree because I have a singing bear that someone gave me. I really like it. It sings the same 3 songs over and over and over. I think Mom and Dad like it too. They like it so much they race to turn it off since it doesn't stop.

I'm at a new sitters house now. My other one accepted a job out of the house so now I'm at Ms. Katie's place. You know what this means right? I have a new boyfriend. His name is Alexander. He's kind of a two timer though since there is another girl and he flirts equally with Brin and myself. Oh well, she's pretty nice so it's okay.

Life is good!

Maddie Rose.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Awesome hat! And how cool to cut down your own tree. I've still got my fake one, mostly because I'm pretty sure a real tree would die before Christmas...it's just too hot and dry here most of the time.

Those singing Xmas toys: Benjamin loves them too. In fact, he likes to turn on the three we have, all at the same time! It's quite deafening. He's making a joyous noise, I guess.