Friday, June 27, 2008

It can't get much worse for Sadie


This poor dog! By the time this is over she'll be listed as a medical miracle and she better not die for a really, really, really long time.

Yes, Miss Sadie isn't doing so hot yet. After she coughed up blood yesterday I was instructed to take her to the Doggie ER. After 3 hours, x-rays, etc. I returned home and Sadie spent the night in the hospital, which I just found out will be followed by a second.

This poor dog, by the time I left she was incubated, had an IV, Catheter, some thrombic paddle (continuous stimulation on the chest to loosen the "gunk"), hooked up to Oxygen, and was running a 105 temp. Yup, doesn't that sound fun. Overall, she has severe doggie pneumonia. Let me tell you how much fun this is. It sounds like we may get her back tomorrow, Saturday.

It's been fun this past week with her......I've slipped in some stuff she coughed up on the wood floor, been up over half the night with her wheezing/coughing, and administering meds to 2 dogs around the clock. I feel like a regular pharmacy.

And to think, we adopted this dog to give her a good home and a relaxing life......something about this isn't relaxing yet.

I'm ready to the weekend or maybe a margarita by a pool......I wonder if the association allows that?! ha :)

No comments: