Thursday, June 26, 2008

Miss Sadie

Poor Miss Sadie....that's all we can say.

Her previous owners dropped her off at a pound where she spent one week in a kennel before we "rescued" her. Then, she was spayed and had a hernia fixed before we could bring her home. We get her home and find out she contracted Kennel Cough at the pound. Her immune system was so supressed that it spread a little further and we are now trying to fight the onset of pneumonia. We've been to the vet twice this week with Miss Sadie, so she's now on 3 different meds and running a 105 fever.......and trying to fend off Elvis and Dibs from their desires to run and play with her. She also hasn't eaten since Saturday. She's in great shape....can't you tell?!

Poor Miss Sadie, the dog has no spunk and coughs up "gunk" all day long. It's thrilling. I'm tell you, if I think this is bad, we definitely are not ready for kids. Dear God, I think I've slept minimally this week since she's up half the night coughing up and wheezing. I love dogs!

PS. Jeremy picked a great week to travel to Panama. Ha Ha....lucky. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh, that's a bummer. Kennel cough is common but I know it can get bad. And don't you know, the kids always get sick when hubby goes out of town (um, or so I hear).