Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our First House Guest

We had our first house guest this weekend.....John Bonnett!

John's quite lucky in my opinion, he was the first to meet me when Jeremy and I were dating and he was the first to see our house and spend a weekend with us here.

We had a great time. The first thing you should know is when we entertain we focus on the food. SO......Saturday night we made Chicken & Mandarin Oranges; a true favorite. Sunday then Jeremy made his signature omelets (yes, the guy who doesn't like eggs now loves omelets and makes them to order). We then headed to the driving range and mini-golfing. Mini-golfing was going well until we hit the 14 hole. That's when we all were dealt a surprise......a snake.....yes, a snake! I was walking by and heard a hiss which caused Jeremy and I to jump 10 feet in the air. John went up to investigate and we then learned it was not a rattler snake, it was a bull snake, so not harmful......no offense, but a snake is a snake and whether isn't poisonous or not, I just don't like them. So we left the 5-6 ft long snake alone and I rushed to finish the remaining holes. 1 snake is 1 too many for my liking. Anyway, it was an adventure and a fun time overall. Jeremy won with a 51 and John came in a close second with a 53.......I just was happy to finish after seeing the snake. Sunday night we made some amazing steaks, potatoes and corn. Nothing like a good mid-west meal while living in Colorado.

Tomorrow John, takes off for home. It was great spending the weekend with John. He's a great guy who works harder than anyone I know. I thinking driving long distances is difficult after a few days and he does it day after day. We love this guy!

As for this week I'm sure we'll have plenty to write about. We have both sets of parents coming to visit and help us with our First Garage Sale and First official grill-out. So many first are happening.....whatever will be next?

No comments: