Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm 3 and 1/2 weeks now....










....gosh, I'm getting old. It's tough being a baby you know. It's obvious my mom and dad are first time parents so they are requiring lots of training by me....which makes me very sleepy. I've taught mom and dad the following things.
- I can "toot" louder than dad

- I can spit up what appears to be my entire meal after feeding and yet still fill a diaper...impressive I know! Sometimes I wait until mom or dad are showered & dressed for the day and after my next feeding I spit it all over them....it's a good laugh.
- I wake up every time mom and dad try to sneak a meal without me being involved....this now means I sometimes get to sit at the table and watch....they won't share yet, all in time I guess.

- I love "Married with Children" re-runs....they are on between 2:30 -5:00 AM in case you are wondering. The other day I stopped crying to listen to the theme song.

- I love the dogs and the dogs love me.....I get lots of kisses

- I love baths! I got my first "real" bath the other night and it was rather relaxing and fun. Mom and Dad say I'm going to be a real swimmer....I'm not sure what they're talking about.

- I now really like my swing....this morning we almost had an emergency when the batteries died, thankfully I had trained mom to have an extra set.

Mom and Dad are pretty cool. Dad makes funny faces and noises for me. I'm not sure why yet, but he calls it play time. I also love tummy time on Dad, except I always fall asleep during this. Mom says she thinks Dad likes Tummy Time more than me.....who knows. Mom's alright too. She's my dairy cow. Whenever I'm hungry I cry and like magic, food appears. It's great. Mom somehow gets showered and ready for the day during my naps, etc.

I have been out and about a few times. Last week I went to dad's work. I'm not sure what he does there but there were tons of nice people who held me. Yesterday I went to mom's work and got passed around like a baby doll. It's tough being cute and loved by so many. Everyone says I have chubby cheeks.....I think that's a good thing.

Mom says she takes a ton of photos of me because you all want to see me change and grow from week to week. Sorry there aren't any with smiles yet. I like being stubborn and only pull those out when the camera is put away.

It's going to snow this weekend. Maybe we'll get some photos of me playing in the snow. Also mom and dad say Grandma G is visiting this weekend. I didn't realize a kid could have two grandmas, 2 grandpas and so many aunts, uncles and cousins......so much to learn still.

Next week I'm celebrating the 1 month anniversary of my debut to this world. Check back for photos to see what I'm doing then. Okay, time for a nap....this typing stuff is tough for a new baby like me .

Love - Maddie Rose




No comments: