Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's beginning to look alot like........Halloween?!?

It's about time you heard from one of the dogs regarding this new addition.....so it's Dibs as your spokesperson this week. I'm one of Maddie's guard dogs, along with Elvis and Sadie. Jeremy says you have to get by all of us to date Maddie and that won't be until she's 40 years old....a little over protective in my opinion.
I'm guessing you've heard about this Madeline character over the last 6 weeks since she's the "new kid on the block." At first I wasn't too sure about her because she cried and wiggled around like a stuffed toy. However, Maddie and I are now pretty good buddies. I like to steal her toys....specifically the cow stuffed animal. Julie always takes it away but I'm getting pretty good with my sneakiness.
I figure it's my job to tell you the scoop on recent happenings around our house. This past weekend Jeremy and Julie decided to go hiking around the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. I was rather excited at the idea of an outing until I learned that the 3 guard dogs had to stay at home. Something about "holding down the fort." I don't really think they were hiking with a baby.....I bet they were just pushing a stroller around on a nice walk. From the looks of the photo I think I'm correct.








Since Halloween is coming up we had to carve Maddie's pumpkin on Sunday. Do you have any idea how difficult this is? I don't......because Jeremy did the cleaning and carving of the pumpkin. Oh well, it looked challenging. After he was done I found out it is the responsibility of the guard dogs to protect the pumpkin in addition to Madeline. So many things to do.








It's been a crazy year.....seriously......first Madeline arrived and now yesterday and today it's snowed!!! Yes, it's October and we have over 2 feet of snow. Jeremy and Julie had to make a path for me to get outside for the bathroom. It's tough being small. I don't really like the snow much because it is so cold.....so I'm spending my day laying as close to the fire as possible.








I guess life with Madeline is going okay. Julie says she's never seen something so small create so much laundry.....and that's saying alot. Us dogs still get plenty of attention and loving......I think that's because Maddie sleeps so much. That's okay by me. Julie and Jeremy say one of these days I'm going to run from Maddie because she'll be pulling my hair and wanting to play dress-up with me for tea parties....I have no idea what they are talking about because she looks so innocent.
Okay - off to the fireplace to warm up....it's tough typing this update with such little paws.
Dibs the "guard dog" signing off -







No comments: