Monday, December 10, 2012

Feed the birds....and Isabelle

Did you know we have a new pet? Well, an outdoor one named Isabelle. Granted, I also feed the birds, but Isabelle appeared one day and started snacking so I figured she must be hungry. Since then, it's my mission to make sure she doesn't starve. Here is the trick to feeding Isabelle properly.
First, collect as many empty toilet paper rolls as possible. Second, put peanut butter on the outside of the roll (but not Dad's peanut butter because apparently "people food" and "Squirrel food" can't mix). Third, roll in bird food...yes, bird food....Isabelle prefers this I think...that and Mom won't buy the other stuff. Forth, string with string or twine (whatever Mom can find) and hang it up on a tree, or bush or wherever I see fit. Typically, somewhere close to my eye level (so that is 2.5 feet off the ground). Let me tell you Isabelle sure likes the food and typically, it's gone within a day or so. Here's our latest finished products. Animal rights activist - Madeline

No comments: