Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sneaky little elf.....

Can you believe it, I think an elf was here last night. I just know he was because I found his foot prints and those of a reindeer as well. (I wonder which reindeer it was?)
This morning when I woke up, mom pointed out it had snowed and then we saw little prints by the front door. I think the elf came to check on Luke and I....you know, to make sure we are being good. Of course we are, because we really want Santa to bring us something at Christmas. This year, I really, really, really want a Minnie Mouse Bike. I told Santa 3 times now in person to make sure he doesn't forget. Anyway, this Elf is really quick. Every now and then we think we see a glimpse of his hat by the door and sometimes the swing set in the backyard, but when we go to the window for a closer look, he is gone. This morning dad reminded me they can climb trees too. Geez, no wonder I can't find this little elf. Yesterday mom told me the elf looks a little shorter than me, so of course he's a tough little bugger to find. Okay - I need to get back to elf duty.
Madeline
PS. Luke turned 1 today.....okay, it was his day and we had lots of fun at the University Kid's Christmas party, finding a tree, and then eating Pumpkin bars. Luke really likes Pumpkin bars and well, so do I. We had his favorite dinner tonight; Steak and Potatoes. Such a boy! Oh yes, I may have opened all of Luke's birthday presents. He didn't mind.

No comments: